Weave STEM into your day-to-day with these activities
Explore all activities below, or choose from the specific themes -- Computational Thinking, Design Thinking, or Systems Thinking if you're interested in encouraging certain skills.
All STEM Activities
- Help your kids develop empathy with this interview activity
- Over the holiday break, we have been burning through all of our books in our kids books library. So we decided to take a shot at […]
- Work out together while learning about Loops, Conditional Statements, and Sequences
- Time to make all your family drawings and art come alive with a home gallery
- learn systems and visual design by making patterns out of stamp shapes
- This book, Kitchen Science Lab for Kid, is a straightforward step-by-step guide for planning a Science Lab in your home kitchen. The science activities are simple, […]
- Sequence a dance with your child, for a store you visit all the time
- Break the cycles of itching by using systems thinking loops to show bad vs. good behavior
- Create a Surrealist gallery with paintings you create back-and-forth with your child
- Your kid's in charge of your fashion -- and becoming a design thinker!
- Have an empathy-rich morning meal, with eggs cooked in a design thinking way.
- Build your child's design thinking capabilities by drawing out your bedtime rights and responsibilities together.
- A clean room through sequential, systematic thinking.
- Your child becomes the GPS -- and they need think computationally to give you the right instructions to get you to your destination.
- They are Delicious, Computational, Chemical Creations
- When you are checking out after your grocery run with your kid, have some fun with Performance Modeling.
- Get Computational While Doing Your Laundry.
- Cook Up Something Delicious (or Strange) with Step-by-Step Computations
- Explore Engineering while Designing Your Own Railroad
- Create an awesome, custom pattern just for your family, with their beautiful faces -- and mix drawing and art with mathematics.